Neighbor 2 Neighbor (N2N) shares reliable information, food, resources, and caring community with Austin’s low income seniors and families. Neighbors’ average household income is about $1000 per month.
N2N meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday morning of each month, at St. James’ Episcopal Church, 1941 Webberville Road, Austin, TX. Doors open at 9:30 AM, and the lottery for HEB gift cards and bus passes begins at 11:00 AM. Neighbors must arrive prior to 11 AM in order to be eligible for the lottery.
At each N2N program meeting, neighbors can find:
- A food pantry that provides a bag of groceries, plus meat and eggs when available. We are a proud partner with the Central Texas Food Bank.
- Diapers, adult and child-sized, to help families stretch limited budgets, while maintaining dignity and active lifestyles. We are a proud partner with the Austin Diaper Bank to receive diapers/adult incontinence supplies/period products/wipes for the families we serve.
- Household items such as toilet paper, shampoo, and other necessities.
- HEB gift cards with a value of $15, distributed via a lottery system. Arrive before 11 AM to participate in this drawing.
- Capital Metro 7-day bus passes, distributed via a lottery system. Arrive before 11 AM to participate in this drawing.
- Seasonal fresh produce, when available, from community gardens such as St. James’ and St. Michael’s Episcopal Churches, and the Central Texas Food Bank.
- Monthly screenings for blood pressure and diabetes management, plus educational sessions for better health and screening.
- Quarterly visits from Austin Public Health for free vaccinations for uninsured neighbors.
- Utility bill assistance, and emergency bill pay help, through our partnership with Austin Energy’s Plus 1 program and St. James’ Episcopal Church.
- A “children’s corner” with art supplies, toys and books to use during the meetings. Children can take books home.
- A free library for adults to take books and magazines.
- Referrals to other sources for additional help.
- Information about special events.
- Snacks, fellowship, and support for maintaining healthy, active lifestyles, given limited budgets and rising cost of living.
For more information, call 512-926-6339 x 4
Se habla español.